10.31.2011

coming soon!

 

I've got some pretty big news to share...

I'm about to launch my own website, a shop full of lovely little things to make everyday life a little more beautiful, including art (my own included), jewelry, home decor, gifts, and any other pretty things I can find. This project is something I have dreamed of doing for years, and I'm so excited to finally make it happen!

The shop is called "lamb & blonde", which was inspired by the famous photo, American Cyanamid, Girl & Lamb by Nickolas Muray, 1946. Something about this sweet, playful photo just makes me smile. I drew the lamb image, above, for the site's logo.

So far, only the test site is up and running, while I'm preparing for the next steps. I'm having fun hunting for merchandise to sell, and I'm learning a bit more about the business side of things, day by day. I'm realizing that I have a LOT to learn in that department! Having an artistic background, I'm not very familiar with business lingo, practices, etc., but I'm going to do my best to learn more about it all.

The site will be based in Adelaide, South Australia. I'm still in the U.S., visiting my family, but I will be back in Oz in a few weeks. That's when the real fun will begin!

My wonderful partner, Glen, is helping me set up the website. He is the brains behind the programming, and he's also a tremendous source of information and support. I would not be able to do this without him. (Thank you, darling!)

As of yesterday, "lamb & blonde" is on Twitter, and it would be great to connect with you there. I've never used the site before, so it is quite new to me, tweeting and all.

I plan to start up a new blog, on Blogger, to connect to the "lamb & blonde" site. I will be focusing my blogging energy there, from that point on. I won't be doing "how do i love thee" or my other blogs after that. 

Look for a link to the new blog very soon! I'm hoping to see you all there! 

Also, if you make something, and would be interested in selling your work on my site, I would LOVE to hear from you!

Feel free to contact me at kim@lambandblonde.com

2 comments:

Heartbeatoz said...

Looking forward to seeing your Shop Site up and running and especially being here in Adelaide.
Good Luck from Jacki :)

lamb and blonde said...

Thank you so much, Jacki!